Deposit Mobilisation and Lending Performance of Cheruvanur Service Co-operative Bank, CheruvannurMay 23, 2023 2023-06-24 11:00
Deposit Mobilisation and Lending Performance of Cheruvanur Service Co-operative Bank, Cheruvannur
S. N. Tripathy
The present paper with the help of secondary sources of data attempts to capture the major events that shaped the course of cooperative movements in Odisha. The paper portrays the prevailing socio-economic factors and key events which contributed to the development of cooperatives in different phases and its genesis and growth trend in Odisha in the national perspectives.
- Bengal under the Lieutenant-Governors, Vol. I. In C. Buckland – Northcok, S. (n.d.).
- Madras Provincial Banking Enquiry Committee Report, 5 Vols. Madras. – Government of Madras. (1930).
- Contractual Labour in Agricultural Sector. Discovery Publishing. – Tripathy, S. (2000).
- Co-operative Movement in Odisha: Highlights of Progress. Odisha Review, February – March, 51-54. – Senapati, S. (2012).
- Annual Activity Report 2018-19. Cooperation Department. – Government of Odisha.
Cooperatives Movements, Rural credit, Money lenders, Farmers.
G. Jeyanthi, Pallavi Ingale
Deposit mobilization is an integral part of financial institutions. By mobilizing deposits they ensure continued service to members needs and build financial strength. Hence, deposit mobilization is vital to the local economic development and is a key for financial sustainability they foster local economic development by mobilizing deposits and lending these out to individuals, families, farmers, and small businesses in the same area. The study is based on secondary data obtained from annual report o Cheruvannur Service Cooperative Bank for the period of 2015-16 to 2019-20. The study of the bank’s deposit mobilization along with lending practices provided to the customers here with undertaken. The analysed data reveals that growth of term deposit registered a fluctuating tend during the study period whereas saving and current deposit showed a decrease in its growth rate. Loans and advances of agricultural loans increasing trend where as Gold loan showed fluctuating trend. The trend further predicted for the deposits and advances of Cheruvannur Service Cooperative Bank for the year 2025 shows on increasing in its trend.
- Jayalakshmi & Muthulakshmi(2012), A Study on Performance and Challenges of the D.C.C Bank Ltd., Salem, Indian Cooperative Review, Vol. 50, No. 2, October 2012, Pp. 99 – 110
- Rajni and Dhaliwal (2013), Financial Performance Evaluation – A Case Study of Chathannur Regional Cooperative Bank Ltd., Indian Cooperative Review, Vol.51, No.1, July, Pp: 16-27
- Rajshekarappa and KundanBasavaraj (2012), “Performance Evaluation of Pragathi Grama Bank in Karnataka”. Southern Economist, November, Vol. 51, No. 13, November, Pp. 10-14.
- Selvaraj N, Balaji Kumar P (2015) A Study on the Deposit Mobilization Pattern of the Dindigul District Central Co-operative Bank Limited. Journal of Tourism and Hospitality, Vol. 4, Issue.1, Pp:1-8.
- Vinaikumar E and Veerakumaran G (2016) “Financial Performance of Vilvattam Service Co-perative Bank, Co-operative Perspective, Quarterly Issue, Vol. 50, No.2, July-September -, Pp: 21 to 37.
Deposit, Deposit Mobilization, Lending performance, Loans and advances