Cooperatives with Start-up Ventures for Resilient Agribusiness’ EcosystemJuly 20, 2023 2023-07-20 13:09
Cooperatives with Start-up Ventures for Resilient Agribusiness’ Ecosystem
S. N. Tripathy
The present paper with the help of secondary sources of data attempts to capture the major events that shaped the course of cooperative movements in Odisha. The paper portrays the prevailing socio-economic factors and key events which contributed to the development of cooperatives in different phases and its genesis and growth trend in Odisha in the national perspectives.
- Bengal under the Lieutenant-Governors, Vol. I. In C. Buckland – Northcok, S. (n.d.).
- Madras Provincial Banking Enquiry Committee Report, 5 Vols. Madras. – Government of Madras. (1930).
- Contractual Labour in Agricultural Sector. Discovery Publishing. – Tripathy, S. (2000).
- Co-operative Movement in Odisha: Highlights of Progress. Odisha Review, February – March, 51-54. – Senapati, S. (2012).
- Annual Activity Report 2018-19. Cooperation Department. – Government of Odisha.
Cooperatives Movements, Rural credit, Money lenders, Farmers.
The cooperatives in India are the backbone for the upcoming Farmer Producer Organizations / Farmer Producer Companies. The transformation journey from cooperatives to FPO/FPC will take some time and firmness. During this paradigm shift, Agribusiness Startups and Cooperatives in diverse fields can come together and can flourish the business ventures and create employment opportunities and derive a good standard of living to all the stakeholders in agriculture. The article give the scenic picture of the cooperatives in field of agriculture, its strength and weakness compare to agribusiness startups and how both can overcome their challenges and create a win-win situation for both the entities. The upcoming policy advocacy in cooperatives and promotion of entrepreneurship in COVID crisis, Cooperatives startups and or cooperatives and startups can collaborate and build a firm backward and forward linkage to make the business simplified and healthily optimistic.
Cooperatives, Start-ups, Entrepreneurship, FPO/FPCs